Anita Dennis is an award-winning communications professional whose work includes books, annual reports, social media content, brochures, video scriptwriting, newsletters and magazine and newspaper articles.
As the head of Dennis Communications LLC, she works with clients to create dynamic messages that promote their strategic goals and enhance their images with target audiences. Her work for clients has received 25 awards in numerous prestigious competitions.
As a journalist, she has written for the New York Times, the Wall Street Journal, Fortune Small Business and Wealth Manager, among other publications. A graduate of Sarah Lawrence College, she studied for a year in Paris. She also holds a certificate in appraisal studies in fine and decorative arts from New York University.
- Creating blogs, articles, executive communications, web and social media content, presentations, video scripts and emails to meet clients' general communication needs.
- Producing corporate newsletter content that provides readers with valuable news and insights while reinforcing the corporate brand and messaging.
- Translating technical material into understandable information and advice.
- Writing regular personal financial planning columns and blogs for distribution to local news outlets.
- Writing annual report content.
- Managing all aspects of the planning and creation of a professional association magazine's centennial issue.
- The Expert Guide to CPA Firm Mergers and Acquisitions: How to Buy a Firm, How to Sell a Firm, and How to Make the Best Deal. Authors: Joel Sinkin and Terrence Putney. AICPA, 2013.
- You Are the Value: Define Your Worth, Differentiate Your CPA Firm, Own Your Market. Author: Leo Pusateri. AICPA, 2010.
Journalist and Author
Articles published in:
- The New York Times
- Fortune Small Business
- Dow Jones News Service Wealth Manager Group
- Wealth Manager Magazine
- New Jersey Monthly
- Intuit Advisor.com
- Author, Creating a Virtual Office: Ten Case Studies for CPA Firms, AICPA, 1997.
- Co-author, The Great New Jersey Shopping Guide, New Jersey Monthly Press, 2000.
- Managing Editor, The Journal of Accountancy.
- Business Reporter, New York Post.
- Reporter, The Bond Buyer Wire.
- News Assistant, The Wall Street Journal.
- B.A., Sarah Lawrence College
- Sarah Lawrence College Junior Year in Paris
- Certificate in Appraisal of Fine and Decorative Arts, New York University